Invisalign® aligners have made orthodontic treatment simpler and more efficient in Villa Park and Arlington Heights, IL. These devices have enabled millions of people to improve the appearance of their teeth and better-looking smiles.
in Villa Park & Arlington Heights, IL
Invisalign® aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option in Villa Park and Arlington Heights, IL. These aligners fit snugly over your teeth and work continuously to adjust alignment the alignment of your teeth.
Invisalign® aligners are custom-made using models of your current teeth and your desired final outcome. Approximately every two weeks, you’ll switch to new aligners with each set gradually shifting your teeth closer to the desired results. This process typically takes around two years.
You’ll only remove the Invisalign® aligners for eating, drinking, and cleaning. Initially, they may feel quite tight, but they’ll start to feel more comfortable after a few days.
How does the Invisalign® process work?
At Handcrafted Smiles, we’ll start by taking photos of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth, and x-rays. These records will be sent to Invisalign® along with instructions on how we want the final result to appear. Invisalign® will create a precise 3D model by scanning the impressions to of your teeth and collaborate with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. After finalizing the trays, they will be created and sent to your Handcrafted Smiles office. You’ll then wear each set of trays for about two weeks at a time, for a duration of approximately two years, or as determined by your dentist.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® aligners and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of clear aligners to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Materials. Invisalign® aligners use clear transparent plastic, while braces use wires and brackets.
- Removability. Invisalign® aligners can be removed by the user at any time, while braces can only be removed by a professional.
- Food Restrictions. Invisalign® allows a user to eat whatever they would like and not make changes to their oral care practices, while braces restrict what the user can safely eat and require special maintenance and care.
- Injury Risks. Invisalign® aligners do not present any injury risks, while braces can lead to cuts and other injuries.
- Visibility. Invisalign® aligners are nearly impossible for others to notice, while braces are almost impossible to miss.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
The cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® aligners the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign® aligners for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length / complexity of treatment. With Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.Contact Handcrafted Smiles
Who can use Invisalign®?
Invisalign® is an option for most teens and adults who require mild to moderate orthodontic corrections. It can address issues such as crooked and misaligned teeth, noticeable spacing problems, and even minor bite issues. However, it’s important to note that Invisalign® may not be able to treat all orthodontic issues. More extensive problems may require alternative or additional treatments.
Interested in Invisalign®?
If you would like to setup an Invisalign® consultation, if you have any questions about how clear aligners work, or if you're unsure if Invisalign® aligners are right for you—contact us.